THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Browsing Information: By visiting this site, you grant us permission to collect information automatically from your browsing that is not personally identifying, using technologies like cookies. This information may include location, IP address, browser details, and similar non-identifying details that is often used to understand how visitors are using this website. For example, our servers may use “cookies” (a small data file) to track a user’s activity within our site. Cookies do not gather personal information such as email addresses.
Information collected from other sources: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partner, and other outside sources and third parties. Examples of the sources of information we receive include: The Ocean Race, 1 Degree LLC, official sponsors, partners, and suppliers affiliated the 11th Hour Racing Team and 1 Degree LLC, We will inform you within a reasonable period after obtaining the personal data, but at least within one month.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use your date to:
- to communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging), such as to let you know about news around the organization, new features, offerings (including goods and services) on our Web pages and/or apps where you have consented for us to do so;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to administer and provide services you request;
- to improve the quality of our service and security of our Web pages and/or apps;
- in connection with targeting/advertising activities;
- to track activity on the Site and our Web pages and/or apps;
- in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
- in such ways as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
- for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Personally Identifying Information: We will not sell users’ personally identifying information to any third party and will not otherwise share personally identifying information with any third party, except if required by the reasons stated under “Disclosures to third parties”
Browsing Information: We may share browsing information with third parties that we have engaged to help facilitate our use of this information as described above. We only share this information with third parties that we believe share our commitment to privacy and security.
Disclosures to third parties
- carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
- any partner or sponsor of 1 Degree, such as 11th Hour Racing or other sponsors, and official suppliers, in a manner to which you have expressly consented (this includes consent by way of opting-in to certain marketing and contact from any of them as part of the registration process) and you agree that such parties can contact you in accordance with such consent;
- anyone who may take over the running of our Web pages and/or apps, subcontractors who operate a part of our Web pages and/or apps on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Data and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards; and/or
- any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
- in connection with the sale or transfer of an entity of 1 Degree or its assets;
- as required by law: for example, in connection with a government inquiry, dispute, or other legal process or request;
- when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary in order to protect our rights: for example, in order to investigate potential violations of our terms and conditions, or to detect, prevent or disclose fraud or other security issues;
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or
- to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
We only share information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
Advertising Direct Marketing and Lead Generation
- Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and plugins that contribute to the operations of our site.
- Facebook custom audience
Social media sharing and advertising
- Facebook advertising
Web and mobile analytics
- Google Analytics and Facebook pixel
- WordPress.com and Kinsta
SHARING INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
We may transfer, store, and process your information in counties other than your own.
Our servers are located in Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA. If you are accessing our Services from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see ” WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE? ” above), in United States, Spain, United Kingdom, Puerto Rico, France, and other countries.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework:
In particular we complie with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States and has certified its compliance with it. As such, we are committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
We are responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. FTC. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
INFORMATION FROM MINORS
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Like many other websites, this site is not configured to respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other similar mechanisms. At present, this site and, to our knowledge, third parties, do not track consumers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data- protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ .
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe in an email you have received from 1 Degree or 11th Hour Racing.
Keeping your information safe is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We strive to protect your personal information, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. We use reasonable precautions to keep your personally identifying information and browsing information secure and to only release browsing information to third parties we believe share our commitment to privacy.
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when 1 Degree believes you are likely to be at risk of serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that 1 Degree becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information 1 Degree will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY